Thursday, October 7, 2021

Propeller Rectum

The potato soup smells different.

Mmm, says Gaius. What have you added?

Dried vervain, says Saint Arnoc. We thought, since this was your last evening with us, to try something different.

It tastes interesting, says Gaius. Not my first choice as a fine herb, but certainly piquant.

We mainly use it for medicinal purposes, says Saint Ténénan.

What are they? asks Gaius. 

In an omelette, for bruises, says Saint Arnoc.

Not that we ever have an omelette, says Saint Ténénan. 

Boiled in red wine, for a prolapsed rectum, says Saint Arnoc.

In a compress with vinegar, to treat lumbago and head aches, says Saint Ténénan.

Or healing snake bites, says Saint Ténénan.

I've got a propeller rectum, says Terence. Can I have some?

What nonsense! says Gaius. 

What's a rectum? asks Terence.

Ask your parrot, says Gaius. And go to the corner. I'm eating.

Terence and Roo-kai repair to a dark corner.

Roo-kai whispers something in Terence's ear.

BUMHOLE? says Terence. A propeller bumhole! I wish I DID have one, then I could....

And so on. 

So, says Saint Arnoc, how will you get to the airport?

Jean-Claude has offered us a lift, says Gaius. Everyone is most kind. By the way, thanks for the paper.

I hope you didn't mind that it was printed on one side, says Saint Arnoc.

Not at all, says Gaius. Interesting, your research.

It went nowhere, says Saint Ténénan. I have never had leprosy, and I am certainly not the father of Saint Goesnou. 

Nor could we find proof that we were the same person, says Saint Arnoc.

Did you need it? asks Gaius. Surely....

Joking, says Saint Arnoc. Ha ha! More soup?

No thank you, says Gaius. Although it was very tasty. I feel well protected against bruises and headaches and lumbago.

Not to mention propeller rectum, smiles Saint Arnoc.

Even so, says Gaius. 

But it's growing late now. 

Time to turn in.


No comments: